Yesterday, Kelsey met us at church for Mass. When she sat down in the pew next to me, I leaned over and whispered to her, “this makes me ridiculously happy.” And in that happy moment, I decided that I would keep a mental list of things that made me happy yesterday.
- My sweet boy Riley has been having some health issues which has caused him to develop glaucoma in his left eye. Sunday morning when I got up to let him out, I was happy to see that the swelling and inflammation was noticeable better.
- Being able to button a pair of pants that two months ago were too tight.
- Sitting together with my family at Mass.
- Post-church brunch at SMOKE with a carafe of Mimosas for the win.
- Spending time at Kelsey’s apartment and helping her hang pictures.
- Deleting over 1,000 old emails from my inbox.
- Wearing pajama bottoms all afternoon.
- A glass of good red wine.
- A clean kitchen.
- Empty laundry hampers and and clean clothes put away.
Yep…as usual it doesn’t take a lot to make me happy. Which I think is a good thing. Hope you found some happiness in your weekend too!