the following, my dear friends, is a list of things i cannot change:
- that my cat is shedding
- that my dogs like the taste of cat poop
- that husband enjoys shows about ghosts, mermaids, and bigfoot
- the weather
- the new crop of gray hair popping up around my temples
- the fact that no matter which way i run, it’s always uphill all the way home
- the fact that i cannot fix the problems of others or change their minds
this is where i am today. facing this realization. and it is so very, very hard. truth be told, i am not doing a very good job of it. i just keep beating my head against the wall.
but here is what i can change….
that’s it. i only have power over my own thoughts and actions. and so today, this is what i am going to try to do…praise God in the storm.
today i praise Him for my garden, for the flowers. for the love of my family. for the seeds of faith planted by my parents. for the rain. for the beauty.
and for blazing, serene hope.
Trust God from the bottom of your heart; don’t try to figure out everything on your own. Listen for God’s voice in everything you do, everywhere you go; he’s the one who will keep you on track. Proverbs 3:5-6