If I had to pick a favorite month of the year, I would choose October. The weather is good, the beauty of Autumn is hitting full stride. And for me personally, I feel like October is when I finally settle back into a comfortable rhythm.
So to celebrate all of the good things about this month, here are ten things in particular that I love about October.
- The sound of acorns hitting the ground
- Technicolor leaves
- The first pot of soup of the season
- Long-sleeved t-shirts
- Squirrels scampering around from tree to tree gathering nuts for the winter
- The way leaves dance, twirl, and float as they fall
- Monarch butterflies
- The sweet ‘faces’ of pansies
- Sleeping with the window open
- Golden, magical afternoon light.
For all of these things and more, thank you October.
I loved the Anne of Green Gables books! Great quote from Anne!
YES to all these! It’s been so beautiful where I live the past couple of weeks. As much as I whine about Midwest winters, I love that we get to experience all 4 seasons as they should be. Beautiful photos as always <3
Lisa Gordon says
You have captured the beauty of October so perfectly, Kelly!