My dear husband is man of few words. He’s not one to gush about his feelings or make effusive displays of affection. But while all of that is true, I know my husband loves me. And it’s not just because he tells me that he loves me, it’s because of the many small, ordinary things he does that let me know that he cares.
So today – Valentines Day – I would just like to say thank you Dear for:
- always putting gas in my car and running it through the car wash
- hanging a dry towel up for me to use after you get out of the shower
- letting me put my cold feet against your warm calves
- unloading the dishwasher
- holding me together the day we dropped Kelsey off at college
- reminding me who I am, even when I’ve forgotten
- leaving me chocolates even when you have to be out of town on Valentine’s Day
I love you so much Tripp. Thank you for being my Valentine of 20 years.
[…] My sweet husband…he had to go out of town this week and wasn’t home for Valentines Day. But before he left for the airport he left this on the kitchen counter. […]