Something wonderful happened today.
After several days of dreary, cold, damp, gray weather, the sun finally came out. And I was glad – I missed the sun’s golden light and healing warmth.
And as if the actual sunshine wasn’t enough to warm my heart, I was also nominated for a Sunshine Award from one of my original blog followers!
Hi Kelly! Been reading your blog for some time now, but don’t always have time to comment. Just wanted to let you know I nominated your blog for the Sunshine Award today in my post –http://mamasemptynest.wordpress.com/2012/02/17/walking-on-sunshine/. Your blog is such a fun spot!
I just cannot tell you how this made my day Friday.
Cindy’s blog was one of the first blogs I started following at WordPress.com when I created my original blog there. I enjoyed her beautiful photos and the inspiration and wisdom she shared. Cindy was also one of the first to comment on my blog and since then she has left me some very kind and encouraging comments – little morale boosters when I have needed them most.
I am so honored to be included in the company of Cindy and others who have received this award. And the deal is, as a recipient of this delightful award, I have a few rules to follow:
- Include the award’s logo in a post or on your blog. See above.
- Answer 10 questions about yourself. See below.
- Nominate 10-12 other fabulous bloggers. See my list below.
- Link your nominees to the post and comment on their blogs, letting them know they have been nominated. So happy to share the love!
- Share the love and link the person who nominated you.
Ten Sunshine Award Questions (and answers):
Favorite color: It’s a close race between green and pink – the colors of life and happiness.
Favorite animal: Oh how could I ever choose between my Riley, Daisy, or Pumpkin.
Favorite number: Four
Favorite non-alcoholic drink: Coffee
Prefer Facebook or Twitter? Facebook probably because I’m old school. (Anybody else think it’s a little alarming that Facebook is old school now??)
My passion: My faith and family – my purpose and my place to belong.
Prefer getting or giving presents: If I have to choose then I’d say giving, but I think mostly I just prefer to share. How’s that for indecision.
Favorite pattern: Does Toile count? If not, I’d have to say Herringbone.
Favorite day of the week: Thursday – it’s my Friday.
Favorite flower: Well this one is a hard as choosing between my pets! A few of my favorites include pansies, irises, daffodils, zinnias. But today I’ll also say camellias because I discovered that my camellia was blooming for first time in four years!
OK. So now here is the fun part – here is my list of blogs that regularly bring a little sunshine into my life. In no particular order:
- http://Followingsplendor.com/ – Vonda and I have come to “know” each other through the Project 52 over at my3boyarians. Her blog inspires me with her beautiful photographs and authentic voice.
- http://grammaslittlecorner.blogspot.com/ – Cathy and I both participated in the Picture Winter workshop at BPC. Cathy takes gorgeous photos and was so incredibly encouraging with her feedback. Her blog is happy place, full of gorgeous photos and adorable grandkids.
- http://seeingthruthelens-angie.blogspot.com/ – Angie is another gal I’ve come to know through my3boyarians. She is also an amazing photographer – her blog is full of gorgeous images – plus she is a lovely person to boot.
- http://xnomads.typepad.com/ – I met Margie through the One Little Word class I’m taking at BPC. I like to think of her as a “house mom” so to speak – she organized the OLW blog hop. She is also a fellow scrapbooker/crafter/baker and her blog is full of wonderful inspiration!
- http://holimess.blogspot.com/ – Donna is also participating in Project 52 at my3boybarians. She shares lovely photos and faith-filled inspiration on her blog. And I love that she’s not afraid to make a mess either.
- http://itsybitsybrianna.wordpress.com/ – Brianna is an artist and creative soul who exudes sunshine and happiness. Her blog is full of a youthful joy that I find completely contagious.
I know, I know – it’s not 10-12, but I consider my blog friends the same as my “real life” friends and that list is small as well.
Once again, I would like to thank Cindy for her vote of confidence. As usual, she just seems to know when I need it.
Thank you so much for your kind words and nomination. I had read this post earlier and thought it looked like fun – I never noticed that I was on the list! I enjoy visiting you each week. I love Big Picture Classes, too. My One Little Word is Dwell.
thanks donna! i’ve enjoyed getting to know you and i am so happy i could share the award with you. 🙂
Kelly, such a nice post! When I get a minute in between preparing for all three of my kids’ weddings this year [!!!!], I’ll try to check out the blogs you mentioned. In the meantime, thank you for your sweet words about my blog and me. [blushing] I’m so glad to know my little comments here and there encourage you and make your day. I’ve had such wonderful ‘morale boosters’ in my own life, especially after entering that empty nest stage, that I’m very thankful I can be that same kind of encourager for others. Blessings to you!! ?
thank you so much! and btw – three weddings is alot! 🙂 one of my girlfriends had her daughter’s and son’s weddings within a couple of months of each other so i know (kinda/sorta) what you’re dealing with! hang in there! 🙂
Cathy H. says
Ah Kelly!! This is so nice of you!! It takes a lot of effort to maintain a blog and keep up with commenting on other blogs. Sometimes I get discouraged and wonder if I’ll keep going. Then, I get a wonderful comment such as yours and I know I’ll keep on sharing a little of myself and hopefully sending a little cheer to others. Once again, thank you!! Congrats that you received the award, you have a wonderful blog that I enjoy very much!!
thank you so much cathy! so happy to share it with you! 🙂 love, kelly
Hey Lady! Thank you SO much for nominating me.
It means so much to know that what I have to say on my little blog brightens someson day.
Thanks so much!!
you are so welcome brianna. so happy to share the sunshine with you. 🙂
Margie S (Nihao, Cupcake!) says
Hi Kelly, you are so sweet. Thank you so much for the honor. And I like being thought of as the OLW blog hop “house mom”! 🙂
you are so welcome margie. thank you for all you do and for all your inspiration!
Following Splendor says
Thank you Kelly-I knew you were a ‘keeper’ the first time I visited your blog-that is what I like about blog hops–a chance to meet a new ‘inspiration’–thank you so much for your sweet words…
you are so very welcome! so happy i could share the sunshine with you. 🙂
Ann Piland says
Your blogs make me smile. I hope I can be content and happy with life like you are. I am so honored to have you for a friend!
thanks ann. you’re so sweet and a wonderful friend! love you. xoxoxo