Hi Friends! Happy Friday!
Well the calendar says we’re still about a week away, but in my neck of the woods it’s officially summertime. And I know this because my camera lens fogs up every time I go outside. Also, I have begun wearing my hair in a ponytail everyday to try to deal with the frizz ball on the top of my head.
But even with all of the heat and humidity, I actually love this time of year, and today I thought I would share with you ten things I love about the month of June.
- That it stays light until 9:00 p.m.
- The big, fat dahlia buds ready to burst open.
- The way the evening sun floods my front porch with glorious, golden light.
- Picking plump, juicy blackberries with my friend Ann.
- LIGHTNING BUGS!!
- Brightly colored pool towels and the smell of sunscreen.
- Eating green beans and carrots that we picked from our garden.
- Mrs. Graham’s coneflowers in bloom.
- Spending every evening outside in the backyard.
- Bright blue skies and puffy white clouds.
I hope June is treating you well and that you are able to experience a little bit of summer magic in your neck of the woods.