do you remember back when oprah’s show was still on? she would do interviews of celebrities and it was kind of her signature piece that near the end of each interview she would always ask the interviewee the same question…
what do you know for sure?
i only watched oprah sporadically, but whenever i would hear her ask this question, i would always kind of laugh to myself…like ‘well shit, i don’t know anything for sure.’
so fast forward ten years or so…a child who has graduated from highschool and gone off to college. an ensuing empty-nest, mid-life crisis. throw in a good measure of transition and big life changes. well, i could sure tell oprah a thing or two now.
anyway, today, in honor of my 46th birthday, i thought i would share with you my list….just in case oprah ever comes calling.
- if we let them, challenges and difficulties can transform our lives for the better.
- there is something good in everyday.
- regarding the previous, some days you have to look a little harder and a little closer.
- happiness is a choice.
- gratitude is the key to unlocking your joy.
- you can make your own magic.
- ‘it’s not what you look at, it’s what you see.’ ~henry david thoreau
- everyday is an opportunity to practice kindness, compassion, and forgiveness.
- even in an ordinary life such as mine, there is an art to living. but we have to slow down, pay attention, and be present in order to experience it.
- God is good. always and forever. period. amen.
i would just like to take this opportunity to express to you my gratitude for all of your love and support. it’s cheesy i know, but the fact that anyone besides my mother reads my blog is a perpetual astonishment to me. i am so blessed by your friendship and your kindness here.
thank you from the very bottom of my heart.
all my love, kelly